Saturday, August 17, 2013

Food is Awesome

Its been long time since I wrote. My mind always keeps flowing through as to write about many stuffs but its always some priorities that pops in. So does that sound as if am too busy? No not at all its just that I keep on postponing my activities. Whatever it is but there is something that I can never give up, in fact many of us won't, because we are Food Lovers. Someone truly said 'There is no love sincerer than the love of food'.  Exactly. So Yes I am a true Foodie.
Being a South Indian and growing up in a typical TamBrahm culture, food is so simple yet so delightful. The moment I say South Indian food, what hits our mind is filter Coffee sorry Kaapi, Idli and Dosa. Mouth watering no?

Nothing can make you so charged up than a cup of steaming Filter Coffee in the morning as it turns out to be a Fuel-booster. My mom is famous in making the most aromatic magical filter coffee. Sipping this gives me a blissful satisfaction. :)


A Lot can happen Over a Filter Kaaapi :) 




When comes to breakfast, we have N number of varieties. Crispy Yummy Dosa with fresh coconut chutney and sambhar cannot beat anything in the world :) My all time favorites and never ever be bored of this. I thank a ton to whomever have invented this combo. I remember having one such best dosa in our native with homemade ghee. wow it tasted amazing. Idli Dosas are our saviors. ;)
Photo courtesy Google Images

Thanks to my Mom who makes the best Idli and Idli podi ever. I wish I can learn atleast 10% of her culinary skills. ;) The breakfast list just does not end here. Endless varieties of Dosa, uthappa , pongal(somwhat like north indian khichdi), KuliPaniyaram(fried idlis), Appam, Idiyapam(rice noodles) and the list goes on...So can anyone ever think to skip such tempting breakfast?

Photo courtesy Google Images
What?? You are full? No ways abhi toh main course baaki hai  (Subtitles:P The actual meal starts now ) You are not supposed to give up that easily :P
One more important savior for us is Rice. South Indians have a vast amount of delicious rice delicacies. Yet there is nothing much more heavenly than a simple curd rice with mango pickle. Once again pure Bliss! 
Main course has a countless number of dishes being served in traditional banana leaf. Someone needs to very careful for not being missed out any of these. This kind of special meal can be relished specially on weddings. Few to mention are Payasam(kheer), Wadai(Daal wada), Sambhar, Rasam Potato Fry, Aviyal.. Burp..
Photo courtesy Google Images

I can just go on and on. But I think I should stop here.
 Are you wondering that I missed the dinner. Sorry am too full so will end up wonly with a glass of More(ButterMilk or Chass ). Hope you enjoyed the meal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment