Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dark Knight Dreams

Everyone has their own dream world, the ones which we see with our eyes wide open and the other which we usually see in our deep sleep. The day dreams are usually those, which we wish to come true one day but the same is not always true for the latter. This is because the dreams which we visualize with our eyes shut are not always pleasant. We don’t often see super heroes saving us from aliens or the fairies from the fairy land who with their wand can make you look prettier in a matter of seconds ;)

This is one such unpleasant dream that I experienced recently. I remember I had fallen asleep just like the other days and no sooner I was in my so called dreamy world. The sun was shining bright outside my window and I was hoping for a better day ahead. My alarm clock snoozed; it was half past 9 am. Oh God I had to rush now and that’s when my phone bell rang. With no more interest and in much hurry I picked up saying Hello The voice from the other end came “How are you Ithraa?”  I was totally traumatized and went paranoid hearing the same voice. Yes it was them again. I was standing still with my body frozen.  Sometimes what your mind knows already is not accepted by your heart. But I knew I can no way turn this down and have to go now. I brushed my teeth, took a bath, quickly changed into a pair of jeans and T-shirt and rushed out of home.

It was the same venue, one of the biggest plush hotel in the city. With curiosity taking its front seat, I drove as fast as I could. But to my surprise everyone had already arrived much before. They gave me warm greetings with wry smile saying welcome back. I was still wondering why I was being called up again to be a part of this group which I left behind ages. Soon we all were clearly instructed with our assignments to achieve. My heart was refraining to accept the fact and was still struggling with my mind and heart clashes. Suddenly, shattering sound of thousand glasses deafened our ears. It took some time for me to realize that those thundering noise was nothing but a gun shoot. My ears drums crackled, my heart pounded and craved for oxygen, and that’s when I barely heard someone saying the Killers are back. We need to start our Revenge. C’mon here are your weapons. Go and Get Started. The words hits me like a rock. No longer could I see the brutal violence, I rose like a warrior and the war began.

I was equipped with a heavy gun and a sword in case I’m left out with the bullets. I quickly ran to the other side of the room and hid behind the pillar. I positioned myself with heavy gun in my hand.  Sounds of gunfire filled the air. Amidst the gory of bloody dead bodies, I could see a deadly killer running for his life. He could not run faster as blood was oozing out of his badly wounded knee. I chased using my speed, to the other room where I wanted to fight like a warrior so threw away my gun and took my sword out.  I swayed like a professional sword fighter. But he too did not give up, took his steel sword hung on his back and swung in all possible directions to stab me. The blades of our swords clanged together, the sharp sound echoing off the stone floor. I concentrated on his sharp eyes and prepared for his next move.

Sweat glistened on my forehead as I wiped it off with the back of my hand. He started swinging his sword violently throwing off my sword to the other end of the room.  I tried regaining my position and fetching my sword from where it had fallen. Meanwhile his blow over my left shoulder sliced off the flesh and I groaned with excruciating pain. I knew I can’t give up until I finish this game. I raised my sword in front of him preparing for combat. I swung my sword at his neckline, but he ducked to miss it. He came flying towards the rear end and swayed in speed. I hid behind a pillar blocking myself for an attack. I had to angle my left hand differently as blood was already dripping out of my shoulder.

With an unexpected attack I kicked his wounded knee knocking him off the floor and stabbed him hard onto his chest. Blood oozed out and he collapsed. Breathing heavily, I repeatedly stabbed him until his sword fell off his hand and breathed his last. There he lay DEAD. Wiping off the bloody stains over my hand I turned back and could hear someone screaming A-A-R-T-H-I-I-I-I…

My Body ached and vision blurred, I tried to look out in the direction of the voice I heard. I was astonished to see a familiar face. For clear visibility I rubbed my eyes and was taken by surprise- My Mom??? From where on earth did my mother join this battle? It took me few seconds to realize that I was lying on my bed and it was my mother screaming for me to help me awake. Phew. I checked my left shoulder for any stains of blood but I was completely fit and fine.  Alarm snoozed again it was half past 9 and my phone rang once again. My hands trembled, wondering was this a call from those group. I picked up with no courage and a voice which was kind of familiar saying –“Don’t be late as usual. Today is our site launch so be on time. No excuse.” With this, the call was disconnected. Yes you guessed it right. This voice is much dangerous than the gangsters. It was my Manager. Oh God I need to rush to office otherwise I will have to face a real battle with my Manager ;)


  


1 comment:

  1. It was really amazing post as compared to your other posts. I imagined Kill Bill Vol 3 starring You ;). Jokes Apart, I kept on reading till last line as every line was making me curious to read next one. Good. No defects this time.

    A really defect free product ;)

    Keep It Up \m/

    ReplyDelete